There are four public cemeteries on the Kapiti Coast:
- Awa Tapu Cemetery: Valley Road, Paraparaumu
- Paraparaumu Beach Cemetery: Kapiti Road, Paraparaumu Beach
- Waikanae Cemetery: Ngarara Road, Waikanae
- Otaki Cemetery: end of Anzac Road, Otaki
Please make all enquiries to:
Phone: (04) 296-4700
Please note that burial plots may only be purchased when required, but cremation plots can be reserved.
Alphabetical list of interments at each cemetery as at 23/08/2011:
- Kāpiti Coast District cemetery interments (PDF, 147 pages, 502Kb)
- Awa-Tapu cemetery interments (PDF, 33 pages, 90Kb)
- Paraparaumu Beach cemetery interments (PDF, 35 pages, 90Kb)
- Ōtaki cemetery interments (PDF, 81 pages, 201Kb)
- Waikanae cemetery interments (PDF, 77 pages, 200Kb)
Enquiries about information in the cemetery databases can be made on (04) 296-4613 or at Kapiti.Council@kapiticoast.govt.nz.
View the schedule of cemetery charges here. Additional charges will apply for Saturday and late interments
Burial plots may be single depth or double depth; the interment fees are the same. Additional ashes may be interred in a burial plot.
Cremation plots can have two or more interments of ashes, but are limited by the size of the memorial plaque.