The Kāpiti Coast Youth Council is offering Youth2U Dollars for young people aged 12 - 19 who live on the Kāpiti Coast.
Youth2U Dollars funding is there to help young people on the Kāpiti Coast reach their potential, follow their dreams and develop their interests and skills.
Application criteria for Youth2U Dollars:
- It's only for individual or groups of young people, no organisations can apply.
- It can't be used for tertiary study.
- Applicants must live between Ōtaki & Paekākāriki.
- All applicants must be aged between 12-19 years old.
- It must go towards applicants personal development.
- Applicants need to show some form of commitment to their chosen application area.
- Applicants have to show how they have personally tried to raise funds from own pocket.
- Previous successful applicants require a two year stand-down period before applying again.
Please note: If a group is applying for Youth2U Dollars funding, individual applications will not be accepted to Youth2U Dollars for the same thing.
The kinds of things you could use Youth2U Dollars for...
Youth2U Dollars are designed to help young people in Kāpiti reach their potential in anything they are involved in. The funds can be used for things such as a team trip, sports, school camps, drama competitions, Outward Bound, Spirit of New Zealand or any personal hobbies and interests.
You don't have to be number one in your field but you do need to be passionate about your hobbies and interests, and dream about what you want to achieve.
How much can and individual or group apply for?
Individual applications can be for any amount up to $300 and Group applications for any amount up to $500.
What's the application process?
- Submit your completed online application form by 4pm Thursday 11 April.
- A Youth Council panel will look through the written applications and shortlist by using the listed criteria above.
- Short listed applicants will take part in an interview held on Saturday 27 April. To be eligible for Youth2U Dollars you must be available to attend an interview. It should only take 5 minutes.
- Successful applicants will be invited to attend a Youth2U Dollars celebration on Wednesday 8 May.
- Successful applicants must provide a bank account for funds to go into. Groups must provide only one bank account number.
- Successful applicants will provide a one page update 'What I did' with the money after the activity has finished. This information may be used to promote Youth2U Dollars to other young people.
Need more information?
Feel free to contact the Kāpiti Coast Youth Council by emailing us at email@example.com or Mark Hammond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As your application is received a Youth Council panel looks through the application.
Online Individual application form
Online Group application form
Remember - applications close 4pm, Thursday 11 April 2013. Get in quick!