Park to Path fun run/walk
This year's run and walk kicked off Parks Week 2019. More than 300 people took part in this year's Park to Path. It was a great day and we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!
If you're interested in your results see below
Keep an eye out for the 2020 date
Any questions, please email us at email@example.com
New this year is a 1K kids' loop with a certificate and free pool pass prize so everyone can sign up for the right pace for them. (For the kids loop registration is in person on the day.)
We look forward to seeing you and your family there!
Sorry but no furry friends for this event - so please leave your pets at home. There's a special event for dogs during Parks Week though at the Otaki dog park.
What is Park to Path?
- An all ages timed 10k run or 6k walk/run plus kids fun 1K loop within Otaraua Park that celebrates our parks and recreational paths.
- Starting and finishing at Otaraua Park in Lancelot Grove, Otaihanga, heading out onto the Expressway shared path.
- Meet your friends and family back at the finish point for refreshments including coffee, smoothies and a fundraising sausage sizzle - make sure to bring some coins.
- Sunday 10 March 2019
- 8.30 am start for the 10k route
- 9.00 am for 1km kids loop
- 9.30 am for the 6k route
Bring a water bottle and a keep cup to help us keep our waste to a minimum.
The 2019 route map
From Otaraua Park, take the river path and head west through to the Waikanae River Bridge. Turn left and head down the Expressway path towards Otaihanga to the turn around point. Return north over the Waikanae River Bridge to Kauri Road and turn left onto Puriri Road back to the Expressway path. Continue north until the turnaround point then return south along the same route, back down the river trail and along to Otaraua Park.
From Otaraua Park, take the river path and head west through to the Waikanae River Bridge. Turn left and head down the Expressway path towards Otaihanga to the turn around point and return back to Otaraua Park.
1km kids non timed fun run
- Untimed run/walk around the sportsfield at Otaraua Park.
- Every child who takes part will get a certificate and a complimentary swim pass to be used at either Coastlands Aquatic Centre, Waikanae Pool or Ōtaki pool.
HOW TO GET TO OTARAUA PARK
From the South
Head along the old SH1 route and turn left at the Otaihanga roundabout, pass Southwards Museum and turn right into Greendale Drive, then right onto King Arthur Drive, right onto Lancelot Grove.
Or head from Paraparaumu through Otaihanga and onto Otaihanga Road. Turn left after the Expressway overbridge and before the railway line, into Greendale Drive.
From the North
Turn right off the old SH1 route at the roundabout onto Otaihanga Road, and right into Greendale Drive before the Expressway overbridge.