Investing in good social outcomes for Kāpiti
Council has a new approach for how it invests in services that contribute to social outcomes for Kāpiti. There is a funding pool of $345,000 and three priorities for funding;
- Connected communities
- Our people are connected, empowered and feel part of a community
- Safe communities
- Our communities are safe places; community and neighbourhood safety is strategic and joined up
- A capable sector
- Our community and social sector is capable, effective and resilient
As part of implementing the new social investment approach, Council has also agreed a set of guiding principles. These are designed to help community organisations consider how they could contribute to strong social outcomes for Kāpiti and will be part of Council’s consideration of proposals.
- Treaty of Waitangi
- Iwi prosperity
- Valuing community and volunteer contributions
- Partnership and collaboration.
We will be calling for ideas – expressions of interest – in the New Year (from 29 January). They will be shortlisted and Council will decide which will be invited to progress to proposals. The request for proposals stage will be from March to May. Then Council will make final decisions and our new contracts will be in place from 1 July.
Detailed information about all aspects of the process will be available when the expressions of interest open on 29 January 2018.