We are looking for a talented individual to join our Animal Management team as a full-time fixed term Animal Management Officer (Parental leave cover). Located on the Kāpiti Coast, you will provide essential support and undertake duties to ensure the community is a safe and healthy environment for all citizens with respect to matters relevant to animal control.
If you are physically fit, have an interest or experience in this area and enjoy working with the community, we want to hear from you!
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated effective conflict resolution skills and ability to manage confrontation and provocation with professional integrity and with the safety of self and others
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and capability to work with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
- Ability to be flexible with working hours to accommodate job requirements such as standby and the need to assist colleagues outside normal working hours
- Demonstrated successful time management and organisational skills, and ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent telephone skills and the ability to clearly articulate what is required
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and also without supervision as required.
- Demonstrated ability and familiarity with common software packages such as Microsoft Office, MS Word, MS Excel and ability to learn new systems and processes.
- Ability to conduct simple and complex investigations.
- A current and valid NZ Drivers Licence.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability and willingness to keep up to date with the relevant legislation, Council bylaws and Policies.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Jacquie Muir, Environmental Standards Manager on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
Applicants will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, police vet, credit and criminal history. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
To view the job description click here.
Applications close 12 noon, Wednesday 24 October 2018. Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application From, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Animal Management Officer – Ref 039 ” to firstname.lastname@example.org