We are looking for two enthusiastic individuals who have what it takes to deliver outstanding customer focused services. Both of these positions are fulltime for a fixed term period of 6 months.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience working in a customer service environment;
- Ability to be flexible with hours of work as may be required from time to time;
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and willingness to and capability for working with a wide range of people within and outside the organization including people from different age groups, different cultures, community organisations, groups, local residents and visitors;
- Strong communication skills to enable effective levels of communication with people from different age groups, cultures and specialist interest groups who are users or potential future users of the centre;
- Experience working with administration systems for facility and event bookings, and a good knowledge and ability to operate corporate computer systems, particularly in the area of email and internet and the Microsoft Office range of products;
- Demonstrated good time management skills and the ability and willingness to work collaboratively within a small team and take responsibility to work unsupervised and achieve task priority and completion;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems and keep up with technology changes;
- Demonstrated understanding of cash handling practices and experience in handling all forms of money including receipting and balancing;
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Vince Fallon, on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486486.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening and police, criminal history and credit checks.
Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Tuesday 24 July 2018.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Community Centre Assistant – Ref 004” to email@example.com
For the position description click here