Applications for Youth2U Dollars 2018 are now OPEN
The Youth Council offers Youth2U Dollars funding for groups of young people aged 12-24 years who live on the Kāpiti Coast. Youth2U Dollars funding helps young people reach their potential, follow their dreams and develop their interests and skills. This grant can be used for projects up to mid-2019.
Examples of funding received in the past include:
- Money towards an environmental group project
- Funding towards equipment for a youth metal detecting club
- Funding towards a dance group going to a national competition
How much money can we get?
Groups can receive up to $800.
What is the criteria?
The points below will be used to decide what is funded:
Group members must live between Ōtaki & Paekākāriki and be between 12-24 years old.
- It must go towards your personal development or for groups, activities which will help each member’s personal development.
- It cannot be used for tertiary study or class trips.
- It cannot be used for buying college equipment.
- This funding is not available if you have received a Community Board Grant for the same activity you are applying for.
- Young people must apply – adults or organisations cannot do it for them.
- Groups need to have an organsation which can receive the funds on their behalf (e.g. this could be an official club or a college)
- Groups need to show some form of commitment to their chosen application area.
- Groups need to show how they have raised funds or are going to raise funds.
- You can only make one application per round.
- Groups cannot apply again for two years after their last successful application.
- Representatives of your group need to be available for a short interview either on Monday 29 October in Paraparaumu (interview times available 4-6pm) or Tuesday 30 October in Ōtaki (interview times available 4-6pm).
How will successful grants be chosen?
A panel of Kāpiti Coast Youth Council members will shortlist applications. Short-listed groups will need to attend a short interview with the Youth Council panel. Interviews will be held:
- after 4pm on Monday 29 October in Paraparaumu
- after 4pm on Tuesday 30 October in Ōtaki
We will let you know if you have been short-listed and organise an interview time with you on Saturday 27 October.
When will we know if we have received a grant?
All applicants will be notified by Friday 2 November whether they will receive funding or not.
What happens if we receive a grant?
You need to:
- Provide a bank deposit slip with your account details before Monday 12 November. You must provide only one bank account number.
- Provide a one page update on what you spent the grant on after your activity has finished.
Youth2U Grant Application.pdf
Need more information?
Please contact the Youth Grants Co-ordinator at: