The judging panel consists of the Mayor and local residents who are passionate about sustainabiltiy.
2010/11 judging panel:
- Jenny Rowan (Mayor during 2007-2010 and 2010-2013 triennia)
- Joy Darke, NZ Gardener of the Year for the Wellington Region, 2010
- Kevin Milne, one of New Zealand television's longest-serving reporters and co-host of 'Fair Go'
- Caleb Royal, Director of Environmental Science and Management at Te Wānanga-O-Raukawa in Ōtaki
- Liana Stupples, Executive Director of the Hikurangi Foundation, an environmental not-for-profit
2011/12 judging panel:
- Jenny Rowan (Mayor during 2010-2013 triennium)
- Robert Glensor, founder and managing director of Paraoa Bakehouse Ltd, New Zealand's first and only BioGro-certified organic bakery and National Sustainable Business of the Year 2008
- Professor Brenda Vale, Research Fellow at Victoria University with a background in sustainable architecture and currently working on environmental footprinting
- Joy DarkeLiana Stupples
2013/14 judging panel:
- Mayor Ross Church
- Paul Kennett, one of the cycling Kennett brothers, with a keen interest in personal carbon efficiency, sustainable home DIY and community
- Kath Irvine, organic garden advisor and tutor through her company Edible Backyard and previous Council Green Gardener
- Brenda Vale
- Robert Glensor
Building, Resource Consents and District Plan In order to undertake your development, you may need to apply for both a building consent and a resource consent. Everything Kāpiti Read this week's e-newsletter and sign up to get the latest on council activities, upcoming events and opportunities to get involved. Draft Annual Plan 2019/20 We've put together a guide to what we're planning to work on and spend next financial year from July 2019 - the draft plan is due for adoption in late May. Elections 2019 It's time to start thinking about running for your local Council in this year's Local Government Elections. Candidate nominations open in July - keep an eye here for upcoming info. Kāpiti Coast Aquatics If you're looking for exercise, recreation or swimming lessons, look no further, come along to Kāpiti Coast Aquatics facilities! Our libraries Find out all you need to know about the Kāpiti Coast District Libraries.