Kāpiti Coast Airport Open Day - Sunday 5 August 10am to 3pm
Thanks to everyone who joined us to celebrate #FlyKapiti at Kapiti Coast Airport on Sunday 5 August.
This community event attended by over 4300 people showcased everything that’s on offer at our local airport and helped introduce Air Chathams and their Saab 340 to Kāpiti.
Read the media advisory after the event
Read the media advisory announcing the Open Day.
Read the media advisory about scenic flights and displays.
More details on display aircraft
As well as Air Chathams’ Saab 340 and Soundsair’s Pilatus PC12, the Airport hosted a huge range of other aircraft including:
- Tiger Moth
- Piper Tomahawk, Cheyenne, Arrow and Cub
- Nanchang CJ-6
- North American Harvard
- Diamond DA40
- L-39 Albatros
- RV-7 and RV-9
- Various Cessna models
- JetRanger, R22 and Cabri helicopters
- Life Flight Chopper
Thanks to everyone else who attended
- Wellington Free Ambulance
- Volunteer Fire Service
- Discover Chatham Islands stand
- Catalina Preservation Society
- Runway lighting
- Airways Career Promotion
- Drone education - Civil Aviation Authority
- Kāpiti Air Cadets and Waikanae Air Scouts
- The Kāpiti Aviation Museum
- Women in Aviation
- And… the food trucks!