Adult and teen reading challenge
He wero pānui pukapuka mō ngā Pakeke me ngā Rangatahi o Kāpiti.
We have found some interesting challenges for you this year. Take on our challenges and you may find some great books you wouldn't normally read, plus you will be in the draw to win some fabulous prizes! Check out our displays and/or ask a librarian for books which fit the challenges.
- Pick up a reading challenge bingo card from any of the Kāpiti Coast District Libraries.
- Choose a library book that matches one of the challenges.
- Read the book and write the title in the matching square.
- When you complete a line of three, take your card to a librarian to be signed off and receive an entry into the gift basket draw.
- Keep reading and completing lines of three to get more entries into the gift basket draw.
- Complete all nine challenges to be in the bonus draw for a $100 Paper Plus voucher!
The challenge runs from 1 December to 31 January, and the prize draw is open to anyone aged 13 years or older. Check out our Summer reading programme for ages 5–12 years!
- Lines can be completed in any direction – vertical, horizontal or diagonal.
- Previously completed squares can be used to complete a new line.
- Every new line completed means another entry into the gift basket draw.
The gift basket includes a variety of goodies such as movie tickets and food vouchers. There are four gift baskets to be won – one each for Ōtaki, Waikanae, Paraparaumu, and Paekākāriki Libraries. The grand prize is a $100 Paper Plus voucher.
Books can be of any format including print, eBook, graphic novel or talking book, and can be borrowed from Kāpiti Coast District Libraries or any SMART library.
Need help finding a book? Look at our displays, browse the catalogue, use NoveList Plus, or ask a librarian.
Here are the nine challenges for this year – can you do them all?
Read a book:
- by a New Zealand author
- that's the first book in a series
- that's a novel set in a country you would like to visit
- recommended by a librarian
- published in the year you were born
- that's a true story
- about a hobby or practical interest
- originally written in a foreign language
- found on the shelf between the Dewey Decimal range of 300–399.