Are you a tinkerer, inventor, or DIY enthusiast looking for the perfect space to bring your ideas to life? Look no further! Introducing Makin’ Time, an exciting two-hour drop-in session held every Friday from 2.30pm to 4.30pm in Paraparaumu Library’s Learning Centre. Join us to unleash your creativity, with the help of our tools, equipment, and expertise!
We offer a wide range of tools and equipment to support your projects, including:
- Computers equipped with TinkerCAD, Cricut Design Space, and Inkscape
- Brother FS60X Extra Tough sewing machines.
- Cricut Maker 3 cutting machine that can cut all sorts of designs from materials like paper, vinyl, card stock, and iron-on transfers.
- Cricut EasyPress 2 for heat-pressing your designs to fabrics.
- An 3D scanner, the EinScan-SE, for capturing three-dimensional objects.
- Hand and power tools are also available upon request, depending on availability.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will be present on-site to assist you with your projects and familiarize you with the available tools. If you need more in-depth guidance, you can book a 30-minute support session with one of our experienced librarians, who will be happy to help you further.
Want to use the equipment outside the Makin’ Time hours? We also provide on-demand 3D printing and sewing machine use.