Tech & Tools
Are you a tinkerer, inventor, or DIY enthusiast looking for the perfect space to bring your ideas to life? Look no further! Introducing Tech & Tools, an exciting three-hour drop-in session held every Friday from 1.30pm to 4.30pm in Paraparaumu Library’s Learning Centre. Join us to unleash your creativity, with the help of our tools, equipment, and expertise!
We offer a wide range of tools and equipment to support your projects, including:
- Computers equipped with TinkerCAD, Cricut Design Space, and Inkscape
- Brother FS60X Extra Tough sewing machines.
- Cricut Maker 3 cutting machine that can cut all sorts of designs from materials like paper, vinyl, card stock, and iron-on transfers.
- Cricut EasyPress 2 for heat-pressing your designs to fabrics.
- An 3D scanner, the EinScan-SE, for capturing three-dimensional objects.
- Hand and power tools are also available upon request, depending on availability.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will be present on-site to assist you with your projects and familiarize you with the available tools. If you need more in-depth guidance, you can book a 30-minute support session with one of our experienced librarians, who will be happy to help you further.
Want to use the equipment outside the Tech & Tools hours? We also provide on-demand 3D printing and sewing machine use.