Kapiti Coast Aquatic Facilities are currently closed.
All Kāpiti Coast District Council customer service centres, swimming pools, libraries, community centre, and community halls and venues will close until further notice in response to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation.
You can keep up-to-date on our COVID-19 response here: www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/covid19
Kāpiti Coast Aquatics Customer Satisfaction Survey 2020
We'd love your feedback in our annual Kāpiti Coast Aquatics user survey, so we can identify what we're doing well and where we can improve. Everyone who completes the survey and provides contact details, can go into the draw to win a 10 all-inclusive concession.
Ōtaki Pool is a recently renovated facility located in the grounds of Haruatai Park, catering for all ages and aquatic abilities. This facility also features a free to use splash pad (now closed for the winter).
Weekly pool booking schedules
When there are bookings or programmes in the main pool there will be a minimum of three lanes for the public.
This month's lane bookings for the Main Pool and Toddlers Pool are listed below:
- Otaki Pool is currently closed. You can keep up-to-date on our COVID-19 response here: www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/covid19
Ōtaki Pool is open every day except for Christmas Day, and from 1pm on ANZAC Day.
- Monday: 5.30am - 8.00pm
- Tuesday: 5.30am - 8.00pm
- Wednesday: 5.30am - 8.00pm
- Thursday: 5.30am - 8.00pm
- Friday: 5.30am - 8.00pm
- Saturday: 8.00am - 6.00pm
- Sunday: 8.00am - 6.00pm
- Public holidays: See our public holiday hours page
Note: In order for swimmers to have enough time to dry and change before the pool closes for the night, all swimmers must be out of the pools 15 minutes before closing time.
Haruatai Park, 200 Mill Road, Ōtaki, Kāpiti Coast
Bus route: 290 from Waikanae Station
Bus stops on Mill Road (stop ID:1728)
For more information visit the Metlink website at www.metlink.org.nz
There will be a Price increase effective July 1 2019.
|Adult (16 years+)||$5.20 each|
|Child (5-15 years)||$3.20 each|
|Adult swimming with a preschooler (0-4 years)||$1.70 each|
|Gold Card holders||$3.20 each|
|Community Services cardholder||$3.20 each|
|Students (with valid ID)||$3.20 each|
|Aquafit (class only)
Community Services cardholder
Adult Concession card - 10 classes Senior Citizen / Community Services cardholder Aquafit Concession Card - 10 classes
|$6.30 per class *
$56.70 * $52.20 *
Family Pass (family of 4, max. 2 adults) Each family member extra is $2.70
|Group Discount adult (10 or more)||$4.70|
|Group Discount child (10 or more)||$2.90|
* includes a 15 minute spa after the class.
All fees are GST inclusive and effective 1 July 2019.
- Sauna and spa $2.00 (plus normal pool admission)
- Sauna and spa only - $5.20 (applicable pool entry, ie. Community Services Card = $3.20)
- Learn to Swim - $12.80 per lesson.
A $25.00 deposit must be paid at the time of booking. Full payment must be made prior to, or at the first lesson. Please refer to Learn to Swim for more information.
Take advantage of our special swim concession rates. Concession cards can be used at any Kāpiti Coast Aquatics Facilities - Coastlands Aquatic Centre, Ōtaki and Waikanae Pools.
- 10 Swim - $46.80
- 20 Swim - $88.40
- 30 Swim - $124.80
- 50 Swim - $195.00
- 10 Swim - $28.80
- 20 Swim - $54.40
- 30 Swim - $76.80
- 50 Swim - $120.00
Gold and Community Services cardholder
- 10 Swim - $32.00
- 10 Classes Aquafit - $52.20 (includes a 15-minute spa after the class)
Ōtaki Pool has two pools, a 33.5m pool, with a hoist and ramp to assist swimmers with disabilities into the pool, and a toddler’s pool. The adult only spa is great for tired muscles, backache and stress relief. Seating up to 10 people, the spa is heated to 38 degrees.
The complex also features:
- Warm showers
- Heated changing rooms
- Disabled and family change rooms
- Outdoor splash pad - open 8am-8pm everyday and free to use (Currently closed for winter)
We have an all-inclusive accessibility policy.
- hoist access into the lane and spa pools with trained staff available to assist
- ramp access into the Lane Pool - the removable ramp structure is 15.4 metres long with handrails on each side and made from non-slip fibreglass
Read more: Accessible for everyone (PDF, 219 KB)
Aquafit is a fun way to improve health and fitness and reduce strain on joints and muscles. Taught to music by professional instructors.
|Monday and Wednesdays||
6.15pm - 7.00pm
|Tuesday, Thursdays and Fridays||9.15am - 10.00am|
All sessions are 45 minutes.
Are you ready for the next step in your wellness journey?
Try our newest class!
Benefits to you:
- Increased energy
- Improved coordination and balance.
- Reduced risk of falling
- Greater awareness around, and engagement of, correct posture
- Challenging cognitive function (body and mind)
- Social connection and FUN!
A ten week programme with a trained, professional instructor is just $55.00 (includes spa afterwards). Our ten week programmes run continuously during the school term.
Tuesday & Thursdays: 10.15am-11am
Fun whatever the weather; with inflatables and games on weekends, as well as public holidays and every day of the school holidays from 12pm - 4.00pm.
- SPLASH! - whatever the weather!
- Large inflatable in the main pool
- FREE sausage sizzle for kids at 1pm!
Introducing the awesome new addition to Ōtaki Pool - Te Mania Auheke - The Slippery Slope!
Te Mania Auheke will be running all through the school holidays, 1pm-3pm excluding Tuesdays and Thursdays!
During term time Te Mania Auheke will run Saturday and Sunday, 1-3pm.
Join us in the sun (don't forget your suncream!) and see how fast you can go down the 28metre slope!
Normal pool admission costs apply.