To view our services at each traffic light setting, see our COVID-19 updates.
Ōtaki Pool is a recently renovated facility located on the grounds of Haruātai Park, catering for all ages and aquatic abilities. This facility also features a free-to-use splash pad.
Weekly pool booking schedules
When there are bookings or programmes in the main pool there will be a minimum of three lanes for the public.
For any queries, please phone 06 364 5542.
Water safety is important to us - to keep everyone safe and healthy at the pools please ensure the following:
- Children under 4 are required to wear a swim nappy in the pool
- Children under 3 can only be in the water with an adult supervisor*
- Children under 5 must be within arms reach of their adult supervisor*
- Children under 8 must be actively supervised by an adult supervisor*
*Adult supervisor - a person 16 years or over
Ōtaki Pool is open every day except for Christmas Day, and from 1pm on ANZAC Day.
- Monday: 5.30am–8pm
- Tuesday: 5.30am–7pm
- Wednesday: 5.30am–8pm
- Thursday: 5.30am–8pm
- Friday: 5.30am–8pm
- Saturday: 8am–6pm
- Sunday: 8am–5pm
- Public holidays: See our Public holiday hours
Note: In order for swimmers to have enough time to dry and change before the pool closes for the night, all swimmers must be out of the pools 15 minutes before closing time.
Haruātai Park, 200 Mill Road, Ōtaki, Kāpiti Coast
Bus route: 290 from Waikanae Station
Bus stops on Mill Road (stop ID:1728)
For more information visit the Metlink website at www.metlink.org.nz
|Adult (16 years+)||$5.40 each|
|Child (5-15 years)||$3.30 each|
|Adult swimming with a preschooler (0-4 years)||$1.80 each|
|Senior citizen (65 years of age and over)||$3.30 each|
|Community Services cardholder||$3.30 each|
|Students (with valid ID)||$3.30 each|
|Aquafit (class only)
Concession card - adult 10 classes
Concession card - senior 10 swim
|$6.50 per class *
Family pass (family of four, minimum of one adult or maximum of two adults)
|Group Discount adult (10 or more)||$4.90 each|
|Group Discount child (10 or more)||$3.00 each|
* includes a 15 minute spa after the class.
All fees are GST inclusive and effective 1 July 2019.
- Sauna and spa* $2.00 (plus normal pool admission, 16years+)
- Spa and/or sauna - $2.00 (in addition to pool entry, 16years+)
- Learn to Swim - $13.30 per lesson.
A $25.00 deposit must be paid at the time of booking. Full payment must be made prior to, or at the first lesson. Please refer to Learn to Swim for more information.
Take advantage of our special swim concession rates. Concession cards can be used at any Kāpiti Coast Aquatics Facilities - Coastlands Aquatic Centre, Ōtaki and Waikanae Pools.
10 Swim - $48.50
20 Swim - $91.60
30 Swim - $129.30
50 Swim - $202.00
10 Swim - $29.80
20 Swim - $56.40
30 Swim - $79.60
50 Swim - $124.30
65 years of age and over 10 swim
10 Swim - $33.20
10 Classes Aquafit - $54.10 (includes a 15-minute spa after the class)
Ōtaki Pool has two pools, a 33.5m pool, with a hoist and ramp to assist swimmers with disabilities into the pool, and a toddler’s pool. The adult only spa* is great for tired muscles, backache and stress relief. Seating up to 8 people, the spa is heated to 38 degrees.
The complex also features:
- Warm showers
- Heated changing rooms
- Disabled and family change rooms
- Outdoor splash pad - open 8am-8pm everyday during summer and free to use
- *Sauna and spa - 16years+
We have an all-inclusive accessibility policy.
- hoist access into the lane and spa pools with trained staff available to assist
- ramp access into the Lane Pool - the removable ramp structure is 15.4 metres long with handrails on each side and made from non-slip fibreglass
For session times for all Aquafitness classes, including Aquafit, AquaEase, AquaMove and AquaYoga, see our Aquafitness Programme page.
Fun whatever the weather; with inflatables and games on weekends, as well as public holidays and every day of the school holidays from 1pm - 4.30pm.
- SPLASH! - whatever the weather!
- Large inflatable in the main pool
Introducing the awesome new addition to Ōtaki Pool – Te Mania Auheke | The Slippery Slope!
Te Mania Auheke will be running through the school holidays, 1–3pm excluding Tuesdays and Thursdays, weather permitting!
Join us in the sun (remember your suncream!) and see how fast you can go down the 28-metre slope!
Normal pool admission costs apply.