Using our facilities under the COVID-19 Traffic light system
Under the COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic light system), all our facilities and services are open. However, in some cases services may be provided online and restrictions may apply. Vaccine passes will be required at all of our facilities, along with record-keeping/scanning.
You can also see - Our services during COVID-19 for all Council COVID-19 information.
Services operating at Traffic Light Orange (all pools)
With vaccine passes and contact trace scanning, our pools will operate without restrictions.
- There will no longer be sessions or restricted numbers
- Inflatables and slides back in business
- Bookings no longer required for spa use or AquaFit classes
- Spa (at Waikanae) & Spa/Sauna at Otaki re-opening Thursday 16 December
Please visit our Facebook page or call our lovely reception teams for information about daily activities.
Swimkapiti learn to swim programme 2022 – book now
- Vaccine passes required to register for all SwimKapiti Learn to Swim classes.
- All parents, grandparents, caregivers, & siblings (of age) must be fully vaccinated to attend lessons.
We are committed to doing as much as we can to protect all visitors, swimmers, and our wider aquatic family as we transition to living with COVID-19. Our community facilities are used by children who cannot yet be vaccinated, the elderly and others who are particularly vulnerable. We want to provide these people with the highest levels of reassurance possible.
We will continue to keep the safety and wellbeing of our customers and team at the forefront of our thinking. Our intention is to keep all visitors to our facilities informed about what we are doing in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. If you cannot find the information you are looking for below, please go to the Kapiti Coast District Council Website
What is the covid-19 protection framework (Traffic light system)
The COVID-19 Protection Framework (the CPF or traffic light system) is New Zealand’s new way to manage COVID-19 in our community going forward. The traffic light system provides us with a pathway out of lockdown and gives vaccinated New Zealander’s more freedom.
What are Covid vaccine passes
My Vaccine Pass (MVP) is a key tool in the COVID-19 traffic light system. You can access your My Vaccine Pass, which is an official record of your vaccination status for us in Aotearoa New Zealand by signing up here. Once you create an account, you can save your My Vaccine Pass to your phone or print out a physical copy.
Vaccine pass requirements at the Coastlands Aquatic Centre, Ōtaki & Waikanae pools
- Everyone 12 years 3 months and over accessing our pools will need to display a Vaccine Pass. This will be in place at Red, Orange and Green.
- Parents, to avoid disappointment (particularly during the school holidays), please ensure your child has their vaccine pass when attending our facilities.
- Your honesty, co-operation and kindness are greatly appreciated.
Covid-19 safety measures
- Scanning your QR code remains mandatory for contact tracing purposes.
- Mask wearing is no longer a requirement, but please feel free to pop one on if you’d like to.
- We appreciate the ongoing kindness and support you show our team by following the guidelines set out above.