Kāpiti Economic Development Strategy refresh - have a say
Kāpiti Coast District Council is refreshing the Economic Development Strategy for our district – a roadmap for business, community and the Council to continue to foster a thriving local economy. Economic development matters for all of us – it means improving our standards of living; more people living and working here; and much more to see and do.
We know there are a lot of you that have a passion for our district and our future, which is why we would like to hear from you.
Our current ED Strategy
Our current Strategy sets out the Kāpiti Coast’s advantages and challenges, describes five outcomes or success indicators and outlines five economic drivers likely to have the most significant impact on economic prosperity and competitiveness. It also outlines six development pathways for achieving success.
The current strategy focuses on four key areas. – open for business, building capability, positioning Kāpiti, and leadership.
While we are working with the community to refresh our economic development strategy, we will also be working with the community to ensure strong alignments between the future direction of the strategy and any potential opportunities arising out of the Provincial Growth Fund.
How you can get involved
The Strategy refresh will be based on consultation with local businesses and the community, through a series of facilitated workshops, and Council inputs. A detailed implementation plan will be developed in consultation with stakeholders to accompany the updated Strategy.
If you are interested in contributing ideas to Kāpiti’s Economic Development Strategy refresh, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
October – November 2018
- KCDC engagement with stakeholders known to have an interest in economic development, to determine priorities for an ED Strategy refresh
- Drafting of a high-level ED Strategy refresh with key actions, based on stakeholder engagement
- Council review of draft ED Strategy refresh and endorsement of development of detailed implementation plan
- Development of detailed implementation plan with stakeholders
- Council consideration of ED Strategy refresh and detailed implementation plan