Kāpiti Major Events Fund
Major events development has been identified as a key driver in achieving long term economic development for the Kāpiti District.
Applications for grants from the Major Events Fund 2019-2020 are now CLOSED. Applications will reopen for the Major Events Fund in 2020.
Council approved a new Major Event Policy and Criteria 2019-2022 on 27 June 2019. These are the guidelines for all events applying for the Fund which aims to support and lead major events that bring economic benefits to Kāpiti. The goal is to build a diverse calendar of events that attract visitors, add vibrancy to our communities and provide a return on investment for the local economy.
Consideration is given to events or feasibility studies. Each application needs to be able to show that the event:
- has a distinct Kāpiti flavour
- showcases the Kāpiti Coast and build the profile of the Kāpiti Coast and its community
- has long term economic development benefits and are likely to generate at least a 5:1 return on the Council’s investment
- highlights the Kāpiti Coast as a destination for visitors, business and residents
- has a long-term economic benefits for the district
- meets tangata whenua and community aspirations.
Events that meet the criteria encouraged to apply.
Though the major event fund is now closed, you can still plan for next year’s funding round. Download the criteria to read more about how your event might meet the Fund's requirements.
Download the 2019/2020 Funding year application to start preparing your submission however please be aware that this is subject to change.
If you have any questions or queries about your event, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d love to hear from you!