A funding offer to insulate your home
EECA's Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes programme offers grants for insulation retrofits to make homes warmer, drier and healthier.
Insulation grants for home owners and landlords
Grants of 50% of the cost of insulation are now available for low-income home owners and landlords with low-income tenants.
These Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes grants are limited and will finish by the end of June 2018.
You may qualify for a grant if:
- the house was built before the year 2000, and
- you own the home and have a Community Services Card, or
- your named tenant has a Community Services Card.
Grants are also available for low-income households and tenants with high health needs if:
- your income is just above Community Services Card level and you have high health needs related to cold, damp housing, or
- you are referred by the Ministry of Health's Healthy Homes programme.
- Properties owned by a Government agency do not qualify for the programme.
Be aware that funding is limited, and projects may not cover all regions, or all areas within a region.
To find out more information about this offer
Not sure how to pay off the rest of the cost of insulation?
The Wellington Regional Council may let you add the cost to your rates and pay it off for about $10 a week over a number of years - talk to your service provider.