Kotuku Park playground
Thank you to everyone who gave us feedback on the playground renewal for Kotuku Playground, Matuku Place, Paraparaumu Beach.
We have heard:
- this playground is popular and has equipment that suits all ages
- the park as a whole is popular with its natural environment, play, dog-walking and socialising opportunities
- it feels like a safe area for children to come and play either by themselves or as part of a bigger group
- some people like the pirate wheel and some don’t; a moving wheel would be advantageous
- the rocks around the periphery are enjoyed by kids as it allows natural play and seating for adults
- we are aware of the need not to have equipment that squeaks or makes noise, over and above children having fun
- picnic tables and more seating to connect the wider green space and the playground would be good
- graduated equipment that has a focus on climbing and upper body skills
- varying views on what colour equipment should be, natural versus colourful or something in between
- potentially more signage is required regarding dogs and no motorised recreation
- swings and a spinning component are important
- there is an opportunity to look at adding a bigger slide.
Voting has now closed on the options for this playground; you can find out more at Kotuku Park playground. Installation will be after February 2021 and will take roughly three weeks.
If you would like more information or if you have further feedback, email [email protected].