We're upgrading Campbell Park playground in Paekākāriki in the 2019/20 financial year. Following talks with the community, we had two designs based on the feedback we received. Voting on those options closed in early October 2019.
Here's the results of the voting:
- Option 1: 52 votes | 35%
- Option 2: 98 votes | 65% (This is the winning option displayed below)
We're currently working with our contractors to finalise construction dates. It is likely refurbishment of the playground will begin after the summer school holidays. Works are anticipated to take 4-6 weeks.
Here's an overview of our playground upgrades programme to help answer any questions you may have.
Note: The existing metal slide will remain and we're looking at ways to increase it's slipperiness.
- 5.5 metre high play tower. This includes a long tunnel slide, rock climbing wall, high fire pole, multiple platforms with small areas to hide and sit. This unit has a connecting play module which includes:
- Swing bridge connecting to the tower.
- Curved monkey bars - adding that extra bit of challenge.
- Balancing beam
- Log bridge - a suitable option for older kids looking for a balancing challenge.
- Rocking bridge - aimed at young children wanting that sense of challenge.
- Glider (small flying fox)
- Toddler play area which includes:
- Small curved slide off a newly created retaining wall.
- A climbing fort designed for kids to climb over and also sit inside and socialise with friends.
- Small springy rocking see-saw.
- Gyrospeed spinning disc with hand rail to help with stability.
- Swing set with four swings - 2 adult swings and 2 baby/toddler swings.