Kotuku Park playground
Thank you to everyone who gave us feedback on the playground renewal for Kotuku Playground, Matuku Place, Paraparaumu Beach.
We have heard:
- this playground is popular and has equipment that suits all ages
- the park as a whole is popular with its natural environment, play, dog-walking and socialising opportunities
- it feels like a safe area for children to come and play either by themselves or as part of a bigger group
- some people like the pirate wheel and some don’t; a moving wheel would be advantageous
- the rocks around the periphery are enjoyed by kids as it allows natural play and seating for adults
- we are aware of the need not to have equipment that squeaks or makes noise, over and above children having fun
- picnic tables and more seating to connect the wider green space and the playground would be good
- graduated equipment that has a focus on climbing and upper body skills
- varying views on what colour equipment should be, natural versus colourful or something in between
- potentially more signage is required regarding dogs and no motorised recreation
- swings and a spinning component are important
- there is an opportunity to look at adding a bigger slide.
We plan to have options from Playground providers for you to vote on by early October; installation will be after February 2021 and will take roughly three weeks.
If you would like more information or if you have further feedback, email [email protected].