Mazengarb Reserve playground upgrade
We're upgrading Mazengarb Reserve playground in Paraparaumu in the 2019/20 financial year. Following talks with the community, we had two designs based on the feedback we received. Voting on those options closed in early October 2019.
Here's the results of the voting:
- Option 1: 195 votes | 74% (This is the winning option displayed below)
- Option 2: 70 votes | 26%
Refurbishment of the playground will begin after the summer school holidays. Works are anticipated to take 4-6 weeks.
Here's an overview of our playground upgrades programme to help answer any questions you may have.
Note: The flying fox and the dippy disk will be remaining.
- Six metre high climbing tower and tunnel slide - the tower has different levels for kids to stop and sit/lie down on.
- Multi-swing unit with six swings. This will include baby/toddler swings as well. This will allow groups of kids to all swing at the same time and into the middle together.
- Large toddler play area which includes:
- Climbing fort and cubby - kids can climb over the unit as well as socialise inside.
- Small tower with curved slide, platform and mini climbing wall.
- Mini monkey bars - suitable for younger children learning to use monkey bars but at a safe height.
- Play car with a bell and steering wheels - great for kids looking to use their imagination.
- Xylophone musical instrument - ideal for kids wanting to make a bit of noise and experiment with different sounds and patterns.
- Talking tubes - the ability to talk to your friend from one end of the playground to the other side.