We're upgrading Pharazyn Avenue playground in Waikanae in the 2019/20 financial year. Following talks with the community, we have two designs based on the feedback we received. We're asking you to vote now for your favourite and the most preferred design will be built. It's really easy!
Here's an overview of our playground upgrades programme to help answer any questions you may have.
What's your preferred option? Vote now! Voting closes Wednesday 16 October.
- Play module which includes:
- Swing bridge from one platform to the next.
- Tight rope bridge for an added challenge.
- Climbing wall with rope.
- Wave slide
- Glider (flying fox)
- Monkey bars suitable for older kids.
- Swing set with 2 adult swings and 1 toddler/baby swing.
- Ball throwing game, linking well with the existing basketball court.
- Smaller, stand alone tower - this includes a small slide and game panels suitable for younger children.
- Large climbing play module which includes:
- Different styles of monkey bars to accommodate for kids with different abilities and strengths.
- Rope climbing rig.
- Climbing walls including a rock climbing wall.
- Balance tight rope.
- Small standalone slide suitable for younger children.
- Springy see-saw
- Swing set which includes 2 adult swings and one baby/toddler swing.