We're upgrading Pharazyn Avenue playground in Waikanae in the 2019/20 financial year. Following talks with the community, we had two designs based on the feedback we received. Voting on those options closed in early October 2019.
Here's the results of the voting:
- Option 1: 61 votes | 51% (This is the winning option displayed below)
- Option 2: 58 votes | 49%
Refurbishment of the playground will begin after the summer school holidays. Works are anticipated to take 4-6 weeks.
Here's an overview of our playground upgrades programme to help answer any questions you may have.
- Play module which includes:
- Swing bridge from one platform to the next.
- Tight rope bridge for an added challenge.
- Climbing wall with rope.
- Wave slide
- Glider (flying fox)
- Monkey bars suitable for older kids.
- Swing set with 2 adult swings and 1 toddler/baby swing.
- Ball throwing game, linking well with the existing basketball court.
- Smaller, stand alone tower - this includes a small slide and game panels suitable for younger children.