We're upgrading Waimeha Reserve playground in Waikanae Beach in the 2019/20 financial year. Following talks with the community, we had two designs based on the feedback we received. Voting on those options closed in early October 2019.
Here's the results of the voting:
- Option 1: 95 votes | 36%
- Option 2: 168 votes | 64% (This is the winning option displayed below)
Refurbishment of the playground will begin after the summer school holidays. Works are anticipated to take 4-6 weeks.
Note: The two tube slides, maypole and springy surfboard are remaining.
Here's an overview of our playground upgrades programme to help answer any questions you may have.
- Large play module which includes:
- Wavy monkey bars creating that extra bit of challenge for kids.
- Rope balance bridge.
- Small tunnel from one platform to the other.
- Small rock climbing wall.
- Twin slides - great opportunity for friends to race each other.
- Fire pole
- Swing bridge
- Overhead spinner
- Play cafe, sign written "Waikanae Kids Cafe" - great opportunity for kids to play shop and imaginative play. We'll be looking to print Kāpiti specific themes on the back of the shop. The shop includes small seats and bells.
- Springy see-saw that can seat four children - very suitable for younger kids.
- Swing set with 2 adult swings and 2 toddler/baby swings.