Paraparaumu Community Board Initiatives Funding Grant
The Paraparaumu Community Board was granted $20,000 in the Long-term Plan for the year 2021/22 and $20,000 for year 2022/23.
This Initiatives funding is additional to the discretionary funding the community board is allocated through the existing grant processes and is an opportunity for the Community Board to use in support to meet the Wellbeing and needs of our residents that board members are seeing in our communities.
- The funding cannot generate an asset that belongs to the Council.
- All health and safety obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act rest solely with the beneficiary of the funding issued.
- Funding cannot be issued directly to each Community Board or the Council.
- Unallocated funds cannot be carried over to the next financial year.
- The General criteria is to 'better enable local activities, engagements and communication with communities”.
Applications open all year round; however applications received less than eight working days before a meeting will be held over for the next meeting.
The purpose of the Paraparaumu Community Board's Initiatives Fund is to provide financial assistance for the wellbeing of our communities and to better enable local projects, activities and engagement.
The applicant must be non-profit making.
The applicant must use the funding for a project or activity that supports the Wellbeing of our communities in the Paraparaumu community.
Only one application will be considered by an individual or organisation for one project/activity.
Applicants are required to provide written confirmation or a verbal report that the money was spent for the purpose granted within two months of completion of the activity. Individuals are required to outline the benefits gained for them and community groups are required to furnish a written report outlining the benefits gained by the community. In normal circumstances applicants failing to meet accountability criteria will be excluded from any further applications for two years.
The Paraparaumu Community Board requires all monies that are not used for the purpose applied for to be returned to the Initiatives Fund. Failure to do so may exclude the applicant from any further application.
Procedure for applications
- Applications must be made on the approved application form and must contain all supporting information. Failure to provide all of the required information will result in the application being returned to the applicant.
The above conditions and criteria do not preclude the Paraparaumu Community Board from considering any application at its discretion.