Sustainable Communities Support
Got a green scheme?
Make it happen with the council’s Sustainable Communities Co-ordinator!
This is a practical programme which aims to help communities and local groups get their ideas for environmentally-sustainable living off the ground.
The key focus for the programme is to help the community take action in the areas of:
- waste reduction
- energy efficiency (home and transport)
- water efficiency
- community resilience.
Rather than providing information or more general education, the co-ordinator will work directly with people on their projects, drawing on specialist council staff and connecting you with outside resources if necessary.
- can work with people on existing initiatives
- is able to meet with groups to consider sustainability actions they may be interested in pursuing
- has flexible hours to fit in with groups and their needs
- is closely involved with organising the Kāpiti Coast Greener Neighbourhoods programme.
The job of the co-ordinator is not to front projects or implement other people’s good ideas, but to provide energy, co-ordination and focus (along with help finding resources) to people who are willing to put their hands up and say ‘We’ve got this great idea. Let’s do it!'
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on 04 296 4700.