Waikanae Car Parking
Changes to car parking in the Waikanae town centre
We want the Waikanae town centre to be vibrant, diverse and thriving. We’re making some changes to car parking in the Waikanae town centre to make it easier for people to park and access businesses and services located in the area.
A mix of 30, 120 and 240 minute and eight hour time restrictions will apply to car parks in the following areas from Monday 11 September 2017.
- 120 minute time restrictions will apply to the car park adjacent to the Waikanae Medical Centre off Marae Lane Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm
- 30, 120 and 240 minute time restrictions will apply in the car park in front of the Countdown Supermarket Monday to Sunday between 8am and 6pm
- 30, 120 and 240 minute time restrictions will apply in the car park to next to the entrance of the Shoreline Cinema backing on to Marae Lane Monday to Sunday between 8am and 6pm
- 120 minute time restrictions will apply in the car park between the Whakarongotai Marae and Mahara Place Monday to Sunday between 8am and 6pm
- Eight hour time restrictions will apply Monday to Friday between 8am and 4pm to car parks outside Whakarongotai Marae. (Please note: at times the Marae will reserve some of these spaces for events and tangi.)
Time restrictions will not apply on public holidays. The time allocations aim to address overstay issues associated commuter parking and a general lack of parking spaces in the Waikanae town centre. Long-term parking for commuters is available in the recently opened Greater Wellington Regional Council Park & Ride.
The changes are being put in place in response to community feedback received through our Waikanae town centre transformation project and have been endorsed by the Waikanae Community Board.
Council compliance officers will maintain a regular presence in the Waikanae town centre to help motorists comply with the new time allocations. From 11 September 2017 it will be an offence under the Kāpiti Coast District Council Traffic Bylaw for any person to exceed the time restrictions.