Tracking our regulatory performance
Like all other councils, the Kāpiti Coast District Council delivers a range of regulatory services to our community, which are critical in protecting public health and safety, and minimising risk by ensuring regulatory compliance, licensing and registrations.
It’s important to us to deliver the best possible customer experience when it comes to our regulatory services. So every day we’re looking at how we can improve our systems and processes to make things easier for you, whether you’re applying for resource consent, starting a new business, registering your dog or building a house.
As part of this, we want to let you know how we’re doing so you can know what to expect from us.
Here’s a snapshot of how things went in the last financial year (2018/19)
- 1050 building consents processed – slightly decreased from the previous year (94%)
- Average processing time 10 days – all except one completed within 20 day statutory timeframe. This is an improved performance from the previous year (average time 11 days and 98% in time)
5957 building inspections carried out – 6% decrease compared with previous year
- 892 Code of compliance certificates issued - similar to numbers the previous year (7% increase)
- 275 resource consents and 17 permitted boundary activities processed
- Average processing time 17 days - 97% processed within statutory timeframe of 20 days
Other stats you might find interesting
765 LIMs issued with an average processing time of four days. This is a 4% decrease over the numbers for the previous year
- 285 food premises inspected
- 63 Alcohol licenses issued
- 3253 service requests for our animal management team
- 7347 dogs registered
- 274 swimming pools inspected
How long will my building or resource consent application take?
If you’re intending to apply for a resource or building consent, here’s our average processing time. This gives you an indication of the timeframes you can expect. But please remember, every application is different and more complex applications will generally take longer.
Building consents: average processing time for the past three months = 10 working days
Resource consents: average processing time for the past three months = 17 working days
These times don’t include periods where we’re waiting on further information from applicants. These holding periods can really delay the processing of applications, so we encourage you to make sure your application is complete and ready to go when you lodge it. If you’re coming in to lodge your application, why not call us to set up a time to go through it to make sure it has all the information we need.
Check out the full performance report for the 2017/18 year
Want to let us know how you think we’re doing – email email@example.com or call 0800 486 486.