Tracking our regulatory performance
Here’s a snapshot of how things went in the last financial year (2019/20)
- 1022 building consents processed – slightly decreased from the previous year (2%)
- Average processing time 10 days – all except one completed within 20 day statutory timeframe.
- 4561 building inspections carried out
- 671 Code compliance certificates issued
- 243 resource consents and 45 permitted boundary activities processed
- Average processing time 17 days
Other stats you might find interesting
- 666 LIMs issued with an average processing time of six days
- 178 food control plans verified
- 43 alcohol licenses issued
- 537 parking related complaints
- 3344 service requests for our animal management team
- 7783 dogs registered
How long will my building or resource consent application take?
If you’re intending to apply for a resource or building consent, here’s our average processing time. This gives you an indication of the timeframes you can expect. But please remember, every application is different and more complex applications will generally take longer.
Building consents: average processing time for the last quarter (June to Aug 2020) = 7 working days
Resource consents: average processing time for the last quarter (June to Aug 2020) = 19 working days
These times don’t include periods where we’re waiting on further information from applicants. These holding periods can really delay the processing of applications, so we encourage you to make sure your application is complete and ready to go when you lodge it. If you’re coming in to lodge your application, why not call us to set up a time to go through it to make sure it has all the information we need.
Check out the full quarterly activity report for the 3rd and 4th quarter of the 2019/20 year
Want to let us know how you think we’re doing – email [email protected] or call 0800 486 486.