Water education units for schools
Council has developed a set of water education resources for local early childhood centres, schools and colleges.
These learning programmes meet the education objectives set in the early childhood curriculum Te Whāriki and The New Zealand Curriculum, the curriculum for primary and secondary schools.
- Water is a treasure - He Tāonga te wai
Early childhood unit
- Water is precious - water is wonderful
Year one and two unit
- Water is precious - we need water
Year three and four unit
- Water is precious - every drop counts
Year five and six unit
- Water is precious - water is life
Year seven and eight unit
- He Tāonga te wai - water is precious
Year nine unit