Heritage Fund applications now open
Kāpiti Coast District Council has funding available through its Heritage Fund to assist landowners to manage and protect heritage features.
The Heritage Fund was established to help landowners to look after heritage features, including ecological, geological, historical, and cultural sites. The fund is contestable, with $38,000 available for the current financial year. Applications for this year’s funding round close at 5pm, Monday 20 December 2021.
The following projects may qualify for funding:
- fencing off and permanently protecting native bush, heritage trees, wetlands, stream banks and other heritage features
- ongoing management of heritage areas such as ecological sites
- painting, restoration, maintenance of heritage buildings and structures
- maintenance of heritage trees
- research and/or community education projects focussed on heritage management and protection.
More information on the Heritage Fund, eligibility criteria and application forms are available on the Council’s website at www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/heritage-fund/, or by contacting Andy McKay, Programme Manager Biodiversity & Landscapes on (04) 296 4653, [email protected].