Public notice inviting further submissions on proposed plan changes to the Operative Kapiti Coast District Plan 2021
Submissions, and summaries of decisions requested in submissions, are now available for the following proposed plan changes to the Operative Kapiti Coast District Plan:
- Plan Change 1A – Accessible car parking provisions
- Plan Change 1C – Cycle parking provisions
- Plan Change 1D – Reclassification of Arawhata Road, Tutanekai Street and Ventnor Drive
- Plan Change 1F – Modification of indigenous vegetation and update to key indigenous tree species list
- Plan Change 1K – Electoral signage
- Plan Change 1L – Council site rezoning.
The submissions and summaries of decisions are online at kapiticoast.govt.nz/district-plan under the respective plan change. If you have questions, contact the District Planning team on 0800 486 486 or email [email protected].
Further submissions can now be made as provided for in Clauses 7 and 8 of Schedule 1 to the Resource Management Act 1991. As required by Clause 8, only the following persons may make a further submission:
- any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest; or
- any person that has an interest in the proposal greater than the interest that the general public has; or
- the local authority itself (for these plan changes, the Kāpiti Coast District Council).
A further submission must follow the prescribed form – Form 6 of the Resource Management (Forms, Fees, and Procedure) Regulations 2003. Among other requirements, a further submission can only express support or opposition to a matter raised in an original submission. It must not raise new points of submission. Copies of a template form based on Form 6 are available from the Paraparaumu Civic Building at 175 Rimu Road, or online at www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/GuidesAndForms/#districtplan
Further submissions may be emailed to [email protected], or hard copies may be sent to Kāpiti Coast District Council at 175 Rimu Road, Paraparaumu 5032. A copy of the further submission must also be sent to the original submitter not later than five working days after providing the further submission with the Kāpiti Coast District Council (as required by Clause 8A of Schedule 1).
Further submissions must be received by the Kāpiti Coast District Council no later than 5pm on Thursday 6 October 2022.
Gary Simpson, Acting Chief Executive
Kāpiti Coast District Council
The date of this notice is 22 September 2022.
The address for service is the same as those set out above for further submissions.