Public notice of proposed plan changes to the Operative Kapiti Coast District Plan 2021
Clauses 5, 16A, and 21 of Schedule 1, Resource Management Act 1991
The Kapiti Coast District Council has prepared the following proposed changes (the proposed plan changes) to the Operative Kapiti Coast District Plan 2021:
- Plan Change 1A – amends accessible parking provisions for new development
- Plan Change 1B - manages liquefaction risk for new buildings
- Plan Change 1C – amends cycle provisions for new developments
Please note that:
- rules in Plan Change 1A have immediate legal effect from the date of this notice; and
- rules in Plan Change 1B and Plan Change 1C do not have legal effect until a decision on submissions relating to those rules is made and publicly notified.
The proposed plan changes may be inspected online at: https://www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/your-council/forms-documents/district-plan/
If you have any questions please contact Jason Holland, District Planning Manager by phone 0800 486 486 or email [email protected]
The following persons may make a submission on one or more of the proposed plan changes:
- the Kapiti Coast District Council; and
- any other person may make a submission but, if the person could gain an advantage in trade competition through the submission, then the person may do so only if the person is directly affected by an effect of the relevant proposed plan change that—
- adversely affects the environment; and
- does not relate to trade competition or the effects of trade competition.
You may make a submission by sending a written submission to Kapiti Coast District Council at 175 Rimu Road, Paraparaumu 5032, or by emailing your submission to [email protected]
The submission must be in Form 5 of the Resource Management (Forms, Fees and Procedure) Regulations 2003 and must state whether or not you wish to be heard on your submission. Copies of this form are available in hard copy from the Paraparaumu Civic Building at 175 Rimu Road or online at https://www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/media/41621/form-5-submission-on-notified-proposal-for-plan-change.pdf
Submissions close at 5pm on 17 March 2022.
The process for public participation in the consideration of the proposed plan changes under the Resource Management Act 1991 is as follows:
- after the closing date for submission, Kapiti Coast District Council must prepare a summary of decisions requested by submitters and give public notice of the availability of this summary and where the summary and submissions can be inspected; and
- there must be an opportunity for the following persons to make a further submission in support of, or in opposition to, the submissions already made:
- any person representing a relevant aspect of the public interest:
- any person who has an interest in the proposed plan change greater than the general public has:
- the local authority itself; and
- if a person making a submission asks to be heard in support of his or her submission, a hearing must be held; and
- Kapiti Coast District Council must give its decision on the provisions and matters raised in the submissions (including its reasons for accepting or rejecting submissions) and give public notice of its decision within 2 years of notifying the proposed plan changes and serve it on every person who made a submission at the same time; and
- any person who has made a submission has the right to appeal against the decision on the proposed plan changes to the Environment Court if,—
- in relation to a provision or matter that is the subject of the appeal, the person referred to the provision or matter in the person’s submission on the proposed plan change; and
- the appeal does not seek the withdrawal of the proposed plan change as a whole.
Wayne Maxwell, Chief Executive
Kapiti Coast District Council
The date of this notice is 17 February 2022.
The address for service is the same as those set out above for submissions.