Ways to have your say
There are many ways you can have your say on our draft Long-term Plan 2021-41. You can give us feedback on all the topics, or just the key decisions, or things that interest you most.
You will need to be registered to have your say, once registered, you can save your progress and skip to the questions that interest you. Registering also allows us to keep you up-to-date on the process, and inform you directly of the outcomes.
Note: as part of the registration process you will be sent a verification code to accept, check your spam/junk folder if you do not receive this.
Pick up the consultation document, Securing our future, from your local library, pool or Council service centre. Or you can download and complete the feedback form (PDF, 1.1 MB).
Fill out the form and either:
- drop it into one of our libraries, pools or Council service centres
- post it to Long-term plan submissions, Kāpiti Coast District Council, Private Bag 60601, Paraparaumu 5254
- email it to [email protected]
Talk to an elected member at one of our ‘pop-ups’ – dates and places can be found on our event page.
You can also arrange to speak to a Council meeting – complete the section at the end of the online survey or consultation document feedback form, or email [email protected].
Proposals and requests:
If you have a separate proposal or request for Council to consider, please email it to: [email protected]
Please note, with the challenges the district is facing there is limited scope to include additional proposals without further increases to rates.
If you have a question you would like to ask you can:
- You can ask a question on our Kōrero Mai / Have your say platform
- Email [email protected]ticoast.govt.nz
- Phone 04 296 4700 or 0800 486 486
Help secure our future, have your say by 5pm Monday 10 May.
The proposed average rates increase for 2021/22 is 7.8 percent
Consultation Document, Securing our future (PDF, 16 MB)
- Feedback form (PDF, 622 KB)
Capital expenditure schedule (PDF, 822 KB)
Operating expenditure activity breakdown (PDF, 244 KB)
Long-term Plan development and community engagement timeline:
July 2020–March 2021Long-term Plan development and community engagement
7 April –10 May 2021Community consultation on the draft Long-term Plan 2021–41 opens
May 2021–June 2021Refinement of the draft Long-term Plan 2021–41
24 June 2021Adoption of the Long-term Plan 2021–41
- Our direction
- Investing for resilience and growth
- Our big issues
- Key decision: Should we take a bigger role in housing
- Key decision: Should we renew the Paekākāriki seawall a different way?
- Key decision: Should we set up a council-controlled organisation (CCO)?
- Key decision: Should we explore ways to have a role in the airport?
- Major projects and initiatives
- Fees, charges and policy updates
- Documents and videos
- Message from Mana Whenua
- Message from the Mayor