Variations 4 (A–H)
Decisions on the provisions and matters raised in the submission on Variations 4 (A-H) to the Proposed Kapiti Coast District Plan 2012 – Miscellaneous Changes and Corrections.
Kapiti Coast District Council has made decisions on the provisions and the matters raised in the submission on Variation 4 (A-H) to the Proposed Kapiti Coast District Plan 2012 – Miscellaneous Changes and Corrections:
Variations 4 (A-H) was initiated in 2019 and amends the Proposed Kapiti Coast District Plan 2012, as follows:
- Variation 4A – Amend three definitions: Household Unit, Ancillary, and Kitchen;
- Variation 4B – Amend policy to manage the effects of earthworks on natural landforms, amenity values and rural character;
- Variation 4C – Amend yard setback standard for non-residential activities in the Living Zones to clarify that these do not apply to home occupations;
- Variation 4D – Amend the rules which manage the interface between the Living Zones and Working Zones to simplify and remove duplication from the standards;
- Variation 4E – Amend Rural Zone subdivision standard to limit the number of lots which can gain access to a road via a right of way; amend shared car parking requirements; and amend terminology to be consistent with the transport network hierarchy;
- Variation 4F – Amend provisions for temporary events and insert a new definition for regular market and the provisions for these;
- Variation 4G – Amend parking requirements for shared residential accommodation, such as supported living and boarding houses.
- Variation 4H – Amend rule to clarify the activity status of general retail activities in the Rural Zone.
Copies of the decisions can be viewed on the Council’s website at www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/variation-4 or inspected during opening hours at:
- Paraparaumu Service Centre, Civic Building, 175 Rimu Road, Paraparaumu
- Ōtaki Library and Service Centre, 81-83 Main St, Ōtaki
- Waikanae Library and Service Centre, Mahara Place, Waikanae
- Paraparaumu Library, 9 Iver Trask Place, Paraparaumu
- Paekākāriki Library, 14 Wellington Road, Paekākāriki.
This notice has been published in accordance with Clause 10(4)(b) of Schedule 1 of the Resource Management Act 1991. The date of this notice is 28 May 2020.
Further information about the Variations 4 (A-H) to the Proposed Kapiti Coast District Plan – Miscellaneous Changes and Corrections can be found on the Council’s website www.kapiticoast.govt.nz/variation-4 or by contacting Laura Willoughby at [email protected] or ph (04) 296 4700 or 0800 486 486.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE, KAPITI COAST DISTRICT COUNCIL