Operations and Finance Committee
Meetings are held on a Thursday in Council Chambers, Ground Floor, 175 Rimu Road, Paraparaumu and start at 10.00am.
Chair: Cr Michael Scott
Deputy Chair: Cr Angela Buswell
Members: Remainder of Council as a whole and one Māori representative.
This Committee will deal with monitoring and decision-making on all broader financial management matters. Key responsibilities will include:
- Financial management, including risk mitigation
- Approval of non-budgeted expenditure
- Approval of contracts and contract variations outside the Chief Executive’s delegations
- Write-offs and remissions
- Financial policies
- All regulatory and planning matters from an operational perspective
- Property purchases or sales
- Operational aspects of bylaws
- Civil defence and emergency management matters
- Procedural matters relation to electoral processes not otherwise delegated to the Chief Executive
- Signing off any submission to an external agency or body
The Chair of the Committee, in consultation with the Group Manager Regulatory Services will have the responsibility for the appointment of (RMA-related) hearing panels.
Agendas and meeting minutes
Meeting agendas, which include officer reports, and the minutes for each meeting are in PDF format and available for download or print from the links below.
|2019 Meeting dates||Agenda||Minutes||
|4 July - Meeting Cancelled||View||View||View|
Supporting PDFs - 16 May 2019