Housing Programme reports
Like many areas in New Zealand the Kāpiti Coast District is experiencing increasing demand for housing and pressure on its public housing services.
In Kāpiti this demand is being driven by improving transport infrastructure, strong population growth and a strong national property market.
One of the Kāpiti Coast District Council’s core long term goals is a resilient community that has support for basic needs and feels safe and connected. Housing plays a key role in trying to achieve this.
Council is developing a housing programme to establish the role we can play in increasing housing supply and in encouraging affordable housing choices. The programme will identify Council’s options to influence the housing market and prioritise next steps.
Other sources of information on housing
- Ministry of Social Development
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Development
- Kāinga Ora
- Community Housing Aoteroa
- Local Government New Zealand
- Kāpiti’s Housing and Business Development Capacity Assessment and quarterly monitoring reports
- The 118 units Kāpiti Coast District Council provides for qualifying older persons.
News and useful resources