Advisor Connected Communities – Ref:82
Permanent – Full Time
We are looking for a proactive and perceptive person who thrives on working with the community to join our Connected Communities team. As the Advisor Connected Communities you will be an essential link between the Kapiti Coast District Council and our Community, and will work closely with the Manager, Connected Communities to develop and drive initiatives and projects with the Community.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant area of expertise
- Relevant experience in a similar role, particularly in the area of youth development
- Experience in, or experience of working with, local or central government
- Proven capability to develop and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with a range of key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Understanding of policy frameworks
- Understanding and awareness of tikanga Maori and issues relevant to Maori
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and ability to work with a wide range of people
- A current and valid New Zealand Driver’s Licence
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
For further information bout the role please refer to the JD here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Tania Parata, Manager, Connected Communities on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Thursday 21 November 2019.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, police vetting, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Connected Communities Advisor – Ref 82” to firstname.lastname@example.org