Advisor Strategic Projects - Ref:317
Advisor Strategic Projects - Ref:317
Full Time - Fixed term (14 months) Parental Leave Cover: From 1 April 2023 until 31 May 2024
Part-Time Hours negotiable
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Advisor to join our Strategic Development team to support the delivery of strategic opportunities in the community. This is a fixed term role to cover parental leave.
You will join a supportive team and help build and maintain trusted relationships with elected representatives and key partners including iwi, central and regional government, businesses, and the local community. You will be expected to help develop and progress strategic projects, often venturing into areas which are new for the Council and the district. Ensuring alignment with district, regional and central government strategies, frameworks, and legislation is important, as is developing projects that deliver positive outcomes for the Kāpiti Coast. Work will include helping ensure we are following sound process and undertaking appropriate engagement with the community.
Skills and Experience
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and willingness to and capability for working with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated experience working on a variety of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective professional working relationships with key partners and stakeholders, including with other council staff members based on a collaborative, collegial and cooperative working style.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work effectively without supervision and collaboratively as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and effectively prioritise.
- Strong collaborator, influencer, and networker with a strong commercial grounding.
- Ability to easily pick up on and research unfamiliar topics or problems to identify appropriate next steps to maintain momentum.
- Sound strategic thinking and analytical ability; takes a broad regional perspective when making decisions and recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, and highly experienced presenter to stakeholders, senior management and Council and ability to professionally represent our organisation.
- Good understanding of processes within local government, government, private sector, funders, and potential partners.
- Experience in identification of risk in a local government environment.
- Demonstrated sound political and commercial nous, and an appreciation of the Council’s business environment and its strategic priorities.
- Sound understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi, and experience working in partnership with iwi.
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
Please find the Job Description on here.[PDF 211 KB]
Beautiful beaches and a short journey to or from Wellington make the Kāpiti Coast a great place to live and work. Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who makes a positive difference in the community we serve. To find out more about our vision and direction click on here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Darryn Grant, Strategic Development Director on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
How to apply
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
*Before you apply, please ensure that you have the following documentation ready: your cover letter, CV, a copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence.
Closing 12.00pm on Monday 27 March 2023.