Advisor, Takutai Kāpiti-Coastal Project - Ref:386
Full Time - Fixed term (until 30 June 2024)
About the role
We are looking for an Advisor to join the Takutai Kāpiti-Coastal Project team until 30 June 2024. This role will assist with supporting the Coastal Advisory Panel to engage with the community, and draft their recommendations on coastal adaptation options for Council’s consideration. Coastal adaptation is a passionate topic, so we are looking for someone who can remain objective and calm under pressure.
The focus of this role is:
- creating transparent community feedback summary reports;
- supporting Coastal Advisory Panel community engagement events; and
- providing support to the Coastal Project Manager and the Takutai Kāpiti project.
So, if you are up for a challenging role that reflects the community’s voice and being part of a project that will help prepare the Kāpiti District for the future, we look forward to hearing from you.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service and capability for working with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
- Demonstrated effective English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to maintain objectivity on political and difficult topics.
- Welcomes and values diversity where differences are respected.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and maintaining transparency.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to work with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated high level of computer literacy and efficient and effective use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- A demonstrated ability to learn new computer systems and processes.
- Willingness to work flexible working hours due to the nature of meetings which may be scheduled outside of normal working hours.
- Experience with community engagement is desired but not essential.
- Hold a current and valid NZ Driver’s License.
Please find the Job Description on here[PDF 229 KB].
Beautiful beaches and a short journey to or from Wellington make the Kāpiti Coast a great place to live and work. Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who makes a positive difference in the community we serve. To find out more about our vision and direction click on here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Abbey Morris, Coastal Project Manager, on 027 303 7312 or free phone 0800 486 486.
How to apply
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening and criminal history checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
We will be looking to interview the right candidates as soon as we receive applications and reserve the right to make an appointment before the closing date of this vacancy, so don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested.
*Before you apply, please ensure that you have the following documentation ready: your cover letter, CV, a copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence.
Closing 5.00pm on Wednesday 4 October 2023