Building Consents Technical Officer – Ref:56
Fixed Term (18 months), Full Time or Part Time
We are looking for a motivated individual who can work frontline with our customers with ease, as well as being able to translate legislations and technical information into understood messages.
You will need to come up to speed with our systems and processes quickly and be comfortable working within a regulatory framework with an ability to read and understand legislation. A background knowledge of building construction would be an advantage
A good team fit is essential, there will be an induction to ensure you gain knowledge and understanding of regulatory procedures and the Building Act, NZ Building Code, the Local Government Act, Approved Documents and the relevant NZ Standards.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- demonstrated excellent communication skills, both oral and written with ability to communicate with, and be sensitive to the needs of people often in stressful situations;
- demonstrated sound level of computer literacy and a proven ability to learn new systems as required to keep up with technical developments in the industry;
- demonstrated strong organisational and time management skills;
- the ability to identify problems and take appropriate action to minimise the impact before the problem escalates;
- demonstrated good judgement and ability for sound decision making under pressure;
- a high level of accuracy, and attention to detail;
- awareness of Māori perspectives and issues;
- a current and valid New Zealand Drivers Licence.
You will find the Job Description here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Leon Smith, Team Leader Building Approvals on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Tuesday 22 October 2019.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Building Consents Technical Officer Ref: 056” to firstname.lastname@example.org.