Building Officer - Ref: 010
The Kapiti Coast District Council is looking for a Building Officer to join our thriving building team, with a passion for ensuring people are safe in and around buildings in our district, and a commitment to positively engage with our customers.
You will be an experienced Building Officer with current competencies and a qualification that satisfies accreditation regulation 18. Our Building Officers have the opportunity of working across the range of BCA and TA functions under the Building Act, which is why our role description is broad.
To be successful in this role you will also:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer service
- Be able to research and reach reasoned decisions and exercise judgment
- Show appropriate levels of computer skills (Microsoft suite, MagiQ, Ed, GoGet)
- Work with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of Māori perspectives and issues
- Be able to work unsupervised and as an effective team member
- Work to ensure that Council meets its obligations under the Building Act 2004
- Contribute to KCDC’s accreditation as a building consent authority
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Hold a current and Full New Zealand driving.
A full copy of the Position Description can be found here.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Leon Smith, Team Leader Building Approvals on 04 296 4635 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Thursday 25 July 2019. Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Building Officer Ref: 010” to email@example.com