Building Officers - Ref:021
Building Officers – 2x Permanent Full Time
The Kapiti Coast District Council is looking for Building Officers to join our thriving building team, who have a passion for ensuring people are safe in and around buildings in our district, and a commitment to positively engage with our customers.
You will be an experienced Building Officer with current competencies and be working towards or have a qualification that satisfies accreditation regulation 18. Our Building Officers have the opportunity of working across the range of BCA and TA functions under the Building Act, which is why our role description is broad.
To be successful in this role you will also:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer service
- Be able to research and reach reasoned decisions and exercise judgement
- Show appropriate levels of computer skills (Microsoft suite, MagiQ, Ed, GoGet)
- Work with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of Māori perspectives and issues
- Be able to work unsupervised and as an effective team member
- Work to ensure that Council meets its obligations under the Building Act 2004
- Contribute to KCDC’s accreditation as a building consent authority
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Hold a current and Full New Zealand drivers license.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Steve Cody Building Team Manager on 04 296 4635 or free phone 0800 486 486.
We also have a fixed term opportunity available for two years if you would prefer this arrangement, you can access this advert here.
Please find attached a copy of the role description here.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Thursday 28 October 2021 Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers License marked “Building Officer Ref:021” to [email protected]