Communications Advisor – Content and Channels – Ref:090
Permanent – Full Time
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has what it takes to succeed in a dynamic and challenging role. The Communication Advisor - Content and Channels works alongside members of the Communications team to create and distribute engaging content that helps the public to understand the work of our Council and the services and facilities we provide.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in communications, media, marketing or a related field.
- Experienced in using content management systems, video and photo editing packages and online publishing tools
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service and ability to work with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and accept new technologies, and to share that knowledge with others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, eye for detail and understanding of proof reading and editing processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of the need for and ability to exercise discretion, good judgment and political sensitivity within the unique local government environment.
- A current and valid NZ Drivers Licence.
Please find the Job Description here.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Sue Owens, Acting Communications & Engagement Manageron 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Friday 19 April 2019.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Communications Advisor – Content and Channels – Ref:090” to email@example.com.