Communications and Engagement Advisor/ Senior Advisor - Ref: 28
Fixed term – 12 months
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has what it takes to succeed in a dynamic and challenging role. The Communications and Engagement Advisor/ Senior Advisor works alongside members of the Communications team, Organisational Development Manager and senior leaders to bring our Council story to life and advocate for and share best practice internal communications and engagement across Council.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in communications, media, marketing or a related field.
- Experience in a similar role developing and delivering internal communication and engagement strategies and plans
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service and ability to work with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and accept new technologies, and to share that knowledge with others.
- Experience managing internal communication channels and platforms including intranet and employee newsletters and e-newsletters
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, eye for detail and understanding of proof reading and editing processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of the need for and ability to exercise discretion, good judgment and political sensitivity within the unique local government environment.
- A current and valid NZ Drivers Licence.
Depending on your experience we are considering someone who can hit the ground running at either an Advisor or Intermediate level.
Please find the Job Description here for further information.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Sue Owens, Communications & Engagement Manager on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Tuesday 27 August 2019. Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Communications and Engagement Advisor/ Senior Advisor – Ref:28” to email@example.com.