Democracy Services Advisor - Ref: 50
Permanent - Fulltime
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has what it takes to succeed in a challenging and dynamic role. The Democracy Services team provides an essential service to the Mayor and Elected Members of the Kāpiti Coast District Council. As Democracy Services Advisor you will be keep the wheels of local democracy turning delivering a professional service to elected members and governance advice to staff. You are someone who has a high level of diplomacy and discretion, excellent interpersonal skills and thrive on diversity. You are deadline driven and provide superb customer service while remaining calm and professional under pressure. This is a full time, permanent position where flexibility in working hours will be required due to meeting schedules and deadline requirements.
In this role you will:
- Manage the production, review and delivery of meeting agendas to Elected Members both electronically and in hard copy ensuring that statutory requirements are met.
- Manage the arrangement of meetings of Council, Committees, Community Boards and the District Licensing Committee.
- Take minutes of meetings, associated workshops and ensure timely circulation, refer any actions arising from minutes to appropriate staff members, ensuring that statutory requirements are met.
- Provide written reports to Council, Committees and Community Boards as required and provide guidance to report writers.
- Provide advice that will aid elected members in performing as a cohesive and well-informed governing body, by coordinating distribution of information and managing arrangements for training sessions.
- Provide appropriate advice to the Chief Executive, SLT and staff with reference to relevant legislation.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Leyanne Belcher, Democracy Services Manager on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
Please find attached a copy of the role description here.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening and police, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Friday 27 September 2019. Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Democracy Services Advisor – Ref 50 ” to firstname.lastname@example.org.