Destination Marketing Advisor - Ref:230
Full Time – Permanent
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Destination Marketing Advisor who has what it takes to succeed in a dynamic and challenging role. As a member of the Economic Development team, you will lead the development and implementation of the destination marketing strategy including the brand strategy for Kāpiti Coast NZ, the destination brand for the Kāpiti Coast.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to develop and implement marketing plans
- Demonstrated Customer focus
- Experience with Marketing planning, including Campaign development
- Demonstrated Marketing writing skills for social media, web and printed marketing material
- Budget management
- Collating and using research and data to drive marketing decisions
- Printed, Google and Facebook ad creators and analytics
- High level of proofing and editing ability
- People skills – able to connect with business and public
- Tertiary qualification (Marketing degree)
- 5 years marketing experience, ideally in destination marketing
Please find the Job Description here[PDF 205 KB].
Beautiful beaches and a short journey to or from Wellington make the Kāpiti Coast a great place to live and work. Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who makes a positive difference in the community we serve. To find out more about our vision and direction click on here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Mark Ward, Economic Development Manager on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
How to apply
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
*Before you apply, please ensure that you have the following documentation ready: your cover letter, CV, a copy of your work visa (if applicable), COVID-19 vaccination pass and Drivers Licence.
Closing 12.00pm on Monday 3 October