Financial Accountant – Ref: 80
Permanent – Full Time
Are you looking to make a difference?
We are seeking a financial accountant with demonstrated taxation experience to join our team. As part of the Financial Accounting team, you will provide high quality, timely, effective advice and support across the organisation with a focus on tax and financial reporting compliance.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Completed or are working towards a professional ICAANZ qualification.
- Demonstrated experience in tax compliance and governance processes.
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting and applying Accounting and Financial Reporting Standards.
- Experience in improving financial processes, policies and procedures.
- Experience in implementing and monitoring a first class internal control environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with systems experience in one or more accounting software systems.
- You will also need demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills and effective interpersonal skills.
- Good communications skills both oral and written, including ability to write concise and clear reports.
- A current and valid full NZ Driver’s License.
Please find the Role Description on here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Anelise Horn, Manager Financial Accountant on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 5.00 pm, Sunday 24 November 2019.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Financial Accountant Ref:80” to Jayne.firstname.lastname@example.org