Infrastructure Engineer - Ref:151
Full Time - Permanent
Would you like a job where you bike to work in the sunshine, go for a lunchtime swim in the pool or at the beach, and enjoy the great outdoors all weekend?
We’re looking for someone who is well rounded in supporting Traditional and Cloud IT Infrastructure Platforms. You will have the ability to nurture the current technology platforms and communication networks so they operate to optimum performance. As part of our Digital Solutions team you will be fresh, curious and love the challenge of solving Digital and Technology problems which will improve the productivity of our council teams.
The skills you will ideally have for this role to ensure you can provide effective advice and support to the clients, while providing engineering expertise in this space includes;
- experience working as a system engineer in a Microsoft based environment.
- experience working with the Active Directory and Azure AD tool suites.
- experience with VMware software and platforms
- demonstrated experience with cloud-based solutions and knowledge of the key features of cloud service providers, including demonstrated skills for developing, deploying & debugging cloud applications.
- understanding of SCADA or Telemetry networks is preferred.
- understanding of or skills in API usage, command line interface and SDKs for writing applications.
Working for the Kapiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Please find the Job Descriptionhere. [PDF 203 KB]
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Andrew Pervan, Information Technology Manager on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
All applications will be considered upon receipt, so please don’t delay applying.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Please email with the subject line “Infrastructure Engineer - Ref:151" your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable), COVID-19 vaccination pass and Drivers License to [email protected]
Please note there is no close date to apply so please don't hold back as preferred candidates who go on to the interview stage will be interviewed upon receipt.