Laboratory Technician – Ref: 33
Permanent – Full Time
A great career opportunity exists for an energetic person with a strong work ethic to join our Laboratory team. Our Laboratory team is responsible for monitoring processors used in the water and waste water treatment plants and monitoring the environment where it could be affected by discharges from the wastewater treatment process. We also test samples from beaches and rivers for suitability of recreational use.
If your vision is to be part of an organisation that provides excellent laboratory services and takes pride in supporting the community, this may be the opportunity for you!
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Carrying out routine chemical analyses and microbiological testing.
- Calibrating and maintaining laboratory equipment to IANZ specification.
- Collecting samples from a variety of locations.
- Ensuring adequate stocks of laboratory consumables and advising on purchasing requirements.
- Preparing reports and testing certificates for the analyses done and maintaining the laboratory database to IANZ specification.
- A tertiary science qualification and/or relevant work experience.
- The ability to use computers and common software applications.
- The ability to safely and competently undertake the physical tasks associated with the requirements of the role including the ability to swim.
- An ability and willingness to work on a 7 days’ roster.
- Able to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure without supervision.
- The ability to drive a manual car and hold of a current and valid Full NZ Drivers’ licence.
The successful applicants will need to undertake a relevant vaccination programme if appropriate.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Please find the Role Description here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Kim Wearne, Laboratory Manager on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will need to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Applications close 12.00 noon, Monday 26 August 2019.
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Laboratory Technician – Ref: 33” to firstname.lastname@example.org.