Laboratory Technician - Ref:105
Full Time – Permanent
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has what it takes to succeed in a dynamic and challenging role. As a member of the Laboratory team, you will undertake laboratory services to monitor treatment plant processes and the effects these plants have on the environment.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A tertiary science qualification and relevant work experience. Demonstrated practical experience with laboratory processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Resource Management Act 1991, Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996 and other relevant legislation.
- Ability to use computers and common software applications.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative combined with sound judgment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure without supervision.
- Ability to be flexible with working hours (rostered weekend / on call work is required)
- Effective interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to customer service and willingness to and capability for working with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation.
- Effective time management skills and ability to work effectively without supervision and collaboratively as an effective team member.
Working for the Kāpiti Coast District Council means being part of a caring, dynamic and effective customer-focused team who make a positive difference in the community we serve. If you’d like to be part of the team, contact us now.
Please find the Job Description on here.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Kim Mazur, Laboratory Manager Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants on 04 296 4700 or free phone 0800 486 486.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo the usual pre-employment checks, including drug and alcohol screening, criminal history, and credit checks. Please note you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Closing 12.00pm on Friday 4 February 2022
Please email your cover letter, CV, completed Council Application form, copy of your work visa (if applicable) and Drivers Licence marked “Laboratory Technician Ref: 105” to [email protected]